Hi Lukas,

I'm glad it interests you, for we do consider that all
that is able to strengthen links between community and "official"
entities (chapters/affiliates) is important.

You can find a
description of the whole process on Meta:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimédia_France/Gouvernance/Siège_communautaire

along with the motivations that lead us to this choice.

For now
it's only in French tough… (as soon as a good will translates it, I will
let you know on this list :)

Bien cordialement,

Nadine

Le
02/12/2019 11:39, Lukas Mezger a écrit :

> Dear Nadine,
>
> Thank you
for sharing these news - congratulations to all new members of the
Wikimédia France board and a big thank you to those whose term has
ended!

> I'd be interested learn more about the idea of
'community-elected board members'. Do you maybe have a link with
additional information about this that you can share with us?
> Merci
et bien cordialement,

> Lukas
>
> Am So., 1. Dez. 2019 um 20:16
Uhr schrieb Nadine Le Lirzin via Wikimedia-l
<wikimedia-l@lists.wikimedia.org>:

>> Hi all,
>>
>> On November
16th, Wikimédia France held its annual General
>> Assembly and partialy
renewed its Board. We are particularly glad and
>> proud of announcing
that for the first time our chapter has reserved a
>> seat for a
candidate appointed by the community.

>> Here is a brief

presentation of the newly elected Board members, including the

community-appointed seat ratified by the Assembly:

>> * Pascale

Camus-Walter, elected for 2 years: On Wikipedia since 2011, Pascale is
>> Wikimédia France member since 2015.
>>
>> * Jonathan Mouton,
elected for 3
>> years: Registered on Wikipedia in 2007, Jonathan is the
one elected as a
>> Board member by the community.
>>
>> * Diane
Ranville, elected for 3 years:
>> Wikimedian from Grenoble, Diane is
committed in Wikimédia France since
>> 2017.
>>
>> * Carole Renard,
elected for 3 years: Feminist, Wikimedian
>> since 2017, Carole is
contributing on Wikipedia, Commons, Wikidata and
>> Wikisource.
>>
>> *
Benoit Soubeyran, elected for 2 years: Wikimedian since
>> 2012, Benoit
has been a librarian and a blogger for several years.

>> This

brings the number of women on our Board to 4 on a total of 12 members

(Improvement in progress).

>> The other Board members remain
unchanged,
>> as well as the executive bureau:
>>
>> * Pierre-Yves
Beaudouin: President,
>> whose turn will end in 1 year.
>>
>> * Benoît
Deshayes: whose turn will end
>> in 1 year.
>>
>> * Julien Gardet:
reelected for 3 years.

>> * Roger Gotlib:
>> whose turn will end in
1 year.

>> * Nadine Le Lirzin: Secretary, whose
>> turn will end in
1 year.

>> * Pascal Radigue: Treasurer, whose turn will
>> end in 1
year.

>> * Willie Robert: Vice-President, whose turn will end
>> in
1 year.

>> We would like to thank Marin Dubroca-Voisin,
Pierre-Selim
>> Huard, Pierre-Antoine Le Page, Lucas Lévêque and Hélène
Masson, whose
>> turns just came to an end, for having worked with us at
restoring the
>> good health of the Association. We know you're still
around :)

>> For the
>> Board of Wikimédia France,
>> Nadine Le