Hi everyone,

Thank you for your feedback regarding the community conversations process
and your care for doing it in the right way! It is truly appreciated.

I am happy to share a couple of points from the design perspective:

   - The movement strategy recommendations are, as some of you have noted,
   the product of lengthy consultation and consideration.
   - The goal of *this* round of conversations is to share the
   recommendations that came out of working group discussions and
   consultations with a wide range of communities. We ask for input on the
   recommendations to help the Board identify which may present challenges or
   create opportunities - in general, how people think they and their
   community would be affected by the prescribed changes. We hope that a
   transparent and honest conversation will happen so that this information is
   well understood.
   - The main discussions about the recommendations would need to happen in
   the first 4 weeks of conversations, which should be enough to convey
   essential viewpoints and provide context to create a good understanding
   around them.
   - We will start pulling together and structuring feedback as soon as the
   conversations start. This includes translations and summaries. This means
   that the 1 week break will be used for finalizing the community input
   report and not for creation of that report in its entirety.
   - The final week of conversations is planned for the review of that
   report so that we can make sure it accurately reflects the conversation.
   - The recommendations are meant to give an overall direction for moving
   forward. Implementation of these recommendations will need to happen in
   context, and so more specific discussions will be continued in the
   framework of implementation discussions.

I hope it makes sense, but am happy to hear any further thoughts and ideas
for improving the quality of the conversations ahead of us.

Best regards,
Kaarel

On Tue, Jan 14, 2020 at 9:47 PM Pine W <wiki.p...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Anders,
>
> I think that the original hope was that there would be community consensus
> around the recommendations from the strategy process. However, what I have
> heard so far leads me to think that the reception to the recommendations
> has been mixed.
>
> Neither the WMF Board nor the community are required to accept
> recommendations from the strategy organizers. I'm not trying to say this in
> a combative or demoralizing way. As much as anyone, I had hoped that there
> would be consensus around the recommendations, but so far I do not get the
> sense that there widespread optimism about this process or the
> recommendations from it.
>
> Pine
> ( https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Pine )

*Kaarel Vaidla*