From Clovermoss

I'm thankful this week for discovering an interesting task force: Women in
Green <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WIG>. The goals of this task
force involves creating GA-class articles on women and women's works. One
of the goals for this year is 20 new GAs. I've known about Women in Red
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Women_in_Red> for
awhile now, and I'm thankful for the work everyone has put into both Women
in Green and Women in Red. I'm amazed at the hard work that went into the
creation of 14,480 articles for January-July 2019, and I'm looking forward
to updated statistics for WiR for August-December 2019.

Related images

   -

   "The Inter-Allied Women's Conference (also known as the Suffragist
   Conference of the Allied Countries and the United States) opened in Paris
   on 10 February 1919. A parallel conference to the Paris Peace Conference,
   it was convened to introduce women's issues to the peace process following
   the end of the First World War."

<https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Inter-Allied_Women%27s_Conference.png>
   The English Wikipedia article about the conference is a featured article
   <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Featured_articles>, and is
   listed in the Showcase for Wikiproject Women in Red
   <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Women_in_Red/Showcase>.
   (The quoted text is from the article
   <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inter-Allied_Women%27s_Conference>; see
   that page's history for attribution.)
   -

   The logo for Women in Red
   <https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Women_in_Red_logo.svg>
   -

   The logo for Women in Green
   <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Women_in_Green_logo.svg>

From User:Pine

This week marks the 19th anniversary of the launch of Wikipedia. I would
like to highlight a 2019 editorial by Tim Berners-Lee
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Berners-Lee>, the creator of the world
wide web <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Wide_Web>, that was published
in The New York Times <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_Times>. The
title of the editorial is, "I Invented the World Wide Web. Here’s How We
Can Fix It." Berners-Lee writes, "I wanted the web to serve humanity. It’s
not too late to live up to that promise... I had hoped that 30 years from
its creation, we would be using the web foremost for the purpose of serving
humanity. Projects like Wikipedia, OpenStreetMap and the world of open
source software are the kinds of constructive tools that I hoped would flow
from the web." Berners-Lee goes on to advocate for making improvements to
the Web. I invite you to read the entire editorial
<https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/24/opinion/world-wide-web.html>.

Related images

   -

   A <https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Sharing_a_drink_in_Lisbon.jpg>
   toast <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toast_(honor)> in Lisbon, Portugal
   <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisbon>
   -

   The world's first web server
   <https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:NeXTcube_first_webserver.JPG>
   -

   <https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:WorldWideWebAroundWikipedia.png>
cluster
   diagram <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cluster_diagram> of websites’
   relations to Wikipedia in 2004
   -

   The current Wikipedia logo
   <https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Wikipedia-logo-v2.svg>
   -

   The current OpenStreetMap logo
   <https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Openstreetmap_logo.svg>
   -

   Tim Berners-Lee announcing the launch
   <https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Berners-Lee_announcing_W3F.jpg>
   of the World Wide Web Foundation
   <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Wide_Web_Foundation>
   -

   Web servers

<https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Wikimedia_Foundation_Servers-8055_35.jpg>
   of the Wikimedia Foundation
   <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation>

Closing comments

What’s making you happy this week? You are welcome to write in any
language. You are also welcome to start a WMYHTW thread next week.

Additional translations of the subject line of this email would be
appreciated on Meta
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Pine/WMYHTW_translations>. Thanks to
User:Pols12 <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Pols12>, an IP editor
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/90.112.6.46>, and