From: Alessandro Marchetti via Wikimedia-l <wikimedia-l@lists.wikimedia.org>
Sent: 25/02/2020 16:45:02
Subject: Re: [Wikimedia-l] Why renaming to Wikipedia will wreak havoc on
otherprojects

Can you provide some links?
I keep asking images for Wikidata items since years and I do not recall any
issue at all. I have the feeling that as long everything is formally correct
(all categories prepared and linked via wikidata infobox) nobody digs into that
very much.
It's true however that I have a cynical approach. In general, I think that
whoever spends his/her time on this and not on deleting unused low resolution
old images or cropping files or improving categorization is probably more
focused on chasing users than actually cleaning up. As soon as you assume that
this is the core source of the behavior, you can teach newbies quite well how
to avoid it. It's not "good faith" but... it kinda works.
Alessandro

    Il martedì 25 febbraio 2020, 17:11:44 CET, Gerard Meijssen