Hi Ilario,

If you check this link <https://ndl.iitkgp.ac.in/faq>, you can find it
written at the Terms and Conditions section - *The actual contents are
subject to the copyright laws of the respective data providers as the
authors or publishers retain copyright to these works which are used by NDL
India with permission.*

It is the practice for any government agency like NDLI to sign a MoU or
other form of contracts with other organizations, before engaging with them
in any way. Although I can't speak for NDLI, but it is extremely likely
that they have partnered with Worldebooklibrary and others officially.

Regards,
Bodhisattwa