* Preface *

Hello,

I regret that I need to start this email by communicating that
Clovermoss is on an unplanned absence. [1] I hoped that she would
return by now and that she would send this email.

I think that one WMYHTW thread is enough for one week, so I will not
start a thread for the week of 12 April.

The main content for this email is adapted from Clovermoss, and the
text is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0
Unported License. [2]

* Main content *

I realize that this week has been difficult for many around the world.
I have mentioned this in previous weeks, but I think it's vital to
express my sympathies each and every time. A pandemic like this has
global ramifications, and I think it's important to recognize that for
a lot of people, this week could have been one filled with hardship.
There are people who have been laid off from their jobs, parents who
are doing their best to take care of their children, students who have
had to start taking classes online, and an endless amount of other
unique situations.

This week, some important milestones have been reached across the
Wikimedia Movement. The Ukrainian Wikipedia [3] has reached the 1
million article milestone. That's a huge milestone to reach, so I wish
to congratulate everyone who contributes there! I asked Ата, an active
contributor to the Ukrainian Wikipedia, about how this milestone
affects the project. [4] I found her response insightful, and I am
thankful for it.

In addition, the The Wikimedia Community of the Kazakh language User
Group has officially been recognized by the Affiliations Commitee. For
more information, see [5] and [6].

I have also discovered inspiring off-wiki initiatives, such as the
Mozilla Open Source Support Team (abbreviated as MOSS) launching a
COVID-19 Solutions Fund. Awards of up to $50,000 are being offered to
open source technology projects. [7]

* Closing comments *

Translations of the subject line of this email would be appreciated on
Meta. [8] Thanks to User:Ата [9] for the Ukranian translation.

What’s making you happy this week? You are welcome to write in any
language. You are also welcome to start a WMYHTW thread next week.

Pine

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Clovermoss
[2]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Text_of_Creative_Commons_Attribution-ShareAlike_3.0_Unported_License