I like the concept as it means the WMF can step up and address the dodgy
corporate players a lost more effectively across all platforms including
taking big stick tools to prevent them white washing articles or providing
paid for services

On Sun, 24 May 2020 at 10:25, AntiCompositeNumber <
anticompositenum...@gmail.com> wrote:

> While I'm pretty sure that this wasn't the intention, that sounds a
> lot like "ban first and ask questions later".  As Pine noted, this is
> a topic where great care must be taken to communicate intentions
> clearly and diplomatically. This point was likely introduced to
> respond to concerns about unappealable Office Actions. The way it was
> phrased, however, diminishes the point it was trying to make and also
> implies that community input is only applicable after the fact, and
> only from functionaries.
>
> Would it be fair to say that:
>  - Enforcement of a universal code of conduct would happen though a
> fair, clearly-defined process without significant bias and with
> significant community oversight and input
> - Universal code of conduct enforcement actions would be appealable
> through a fair, clearly-defined process with significant community
> oversight that allowed statements from involved parties and uninvolved
> community members
> - To ensure proper community oversight, code of conduct enforcement
> actions and appeals would be made as public as possible as often as
> possible (excepting issues where public disclosure would harm privacy
> or safety)
>
> AntiComposite
>
> On Fri, May 22, 2020 at 7:52 PM Nataliia Tymkiv <ntym...@wikimedia.org>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hello, Dennis!
> >
> > Not at all. What it means is that this a not a process that goes into
> play
> > *before* a decision to act is made, but *after*. It should stand as an
> > option for those who want to ensure that actions taken are fair, as long
> as
> > the case does not relate to legal risks or other severe concerns.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > antanana / Nataliia Tymkiv
> >
> > NOTICE: You may have received this message outside of your normal working
> > hours/days, as I usually can work more as a volunteer during weekend. You
> > should not feel obligated to answer it during your days off. Thank you in
> > advance!
> >
> > On Sat, May 23, 2020, 01:58 Dennis During <dcdur...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > >  "Work with community functionaries to create and refine a retroactive
> > > review process for cases brought by involved parties, excluding those
> cases
> > > which pose legal or other severe risks "
> > >
> > > What does "retroactive review process" mean?
> > >
> > > I hope it doesn't mean applying standards that were not promulgated at
> the
> > > time to past actions and applying severe sanctions to the alleged
> > > perpetrators.

> make
> > > statements
> > > rapidly
> existing

> eliminate
> projects
> projects.

> unlike
> [...]

GN.

*Power of Diverse Collaboration*
*Sharing knowledge brings people together*
Wikimania Bangkok 2021
August
hosted by ESEAP

Wikimania: https://wikimania.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Gnangarra