Congratulations and good luck for organising the remote event :)

We are collecting documentation about past online events in the Wikimedia
movement on this page
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WikiProject_remote_event_participation/Documentation>,
I hope that the experience from previous organizers can be helpful, and of
course I'll be glad to see more event organizers gathering documentation
there.

Cheers,
Léa

On Wed, 5 Aug 2020 at 09:51, Ivana Madžarević <
ivana.madzare...@vikimedija.org> wrote:

> Hi Kiril,
>
> Thank you for making this possible. I know it's not easy to adapt to our
> new reality and it's challenging and bold to organize an online event like
> this. I'm definitely thinking about good examples of our work during the
> pandemic and probably will submit that.
>
> I've also forwarded this call via Discord and our mailing list. I encourage
> others to do that as well.
>
> Best,
> Ивана Маџаревић
> менаџер пројеката и заједнице, Викимедија Србије
> p: 011 3348 468 m: 060 74 54 773 a: Кнеза Милоша 80/14, Београд
> s: rs.wikimedia.org e: ivana.madzare...@vikimedija.org
>
> *Замислите свет у коме свака особа на планети има слободан приступ
> целокупном људском знању. То је оно на чему ми радимо.*
>

> уто, 4. авг 2020. у 16:50 Kiril Simeonovski <kiril.simeonov...@gmail.com>
> је написао/ла:
>
> > Dear all,
> >
> > I hope you are fine and healthy amid the difficult times.
> >
> > After the Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2020
> > <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_CEE_Meeting_2020> was
> cancelled
> > and postponed for 2021 due the COVID-19 pandemic, we came up with the
> idea
> > of organising an online conference in order to keep continuity and
> discuss
> > the major ongoings in the Wikimedia movement. The online event is planned
> > to take place as the Wikimedia CEE Online Meeting 2020
> > <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_CEE_Online_Meeting_2020> from
> > 2-4 October and it will be labelled with the slogan "Stay Stronger
> > Online!".
> >
> > The programme for the event will be modest compared to the in-person
> > conferences because of the technical difficulties and the different
> > participants' environment. About a half of the time slots will be
> reserved
> > for sessions on pre-selected topics covering major ongoings in the
> > movement, while the other half will be filled with session proposals
> > received through a call for submissions with three tracks in the
> submission
> > process: COVID-19, Basic capacity development and Advanced capacity
> > development. *The deadline for submitting session proposals
> > <
> >
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_CEE_Online_Meeting_2020/Submissions
> > >
> > is
> > 23:59 (CEST) on 31 August 2020.*
> >
> > Considering that this is planned to be an online event, we decided to
> > *extend
> > the eligibility for participation beyond the CEE communities and allow
> > every interested individual contributor from the Wikimedia movement to
> take
> > part (see list of interested participants
> > <
> >
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_CEE_Online_Meeting_2020/Participants/List
> > >)*.
> [...]

Léa Lacroix
Project Manager Community Communication for Wikidata

Wikimedia Deutschland e.V.
Tempelhofer Ufer 23-24
10963 Berlin
www.wikimedia.de

der Nummer 23855 Nz. Als gemeinnützig anerkannt durch das Finanzamt für