Some thoughts over the matter:
Wikipedia has already rules about how the users should  interact and the
"penalties" that all users would endure equally if they wouldn 't apply to
them. If you are a volunteer/user the things are simple. You get blocked
and that is that. Imagine being a newbie then sadly, things are even more
simple. The problem starts when the administrators who are called to
perform those rules are the harrashers themselves and don' t get punished.
For example old users with multiple interactions with WMF such as grants,
being in user groups/chapters with funding, grantees of trips in
conferences annualy and having created a net of protection of
users/administrators around them over the years, because they know the
tricks to fly under the rader and be likeable. People as such, who see
their interaction with wikipedia more as a profortable and prestigious job,
and are "vauliable" to wmf because they run the annual contests in
wikipedia or doing other wikimedia jobs beneficiary to the foundation but
not wikipedia, is the code of contact going to apply as well? Simple rules
don't. And who will execute it?  I believe that the code of conduct is an
attempt, for the wmf to be politically correct in the eyes of the world and
the communities that something is going to change to the better in
wikipedia. I  believe that the code of conduct will not solve any problems
because that is not why it's being made for. Participating to the
discussion just legalize wmf behaviour to not  encounter all user equally
and "putting under the rag" serious harrasment cases by users just because
they get the job done.

But the truth of the matter is that WMF only regards us as equals when
needs us to support it.

Ανώνυμος Βικιπαιδιστής

Στις Τετ, 9 Σεπ 2020, 4:22 π.μ. ο χρήστης Dan Szymborski <
dszymbor...@gmail.com> έγραψε: