Join Wikimedia UK and Katherine Maher for a community discussion on our
priorities for 2021

Tuesday 17th November from 5 to 7pm UTC

In 2017 the Wikimedia Foundation facilitated the creation of a strategic
direction
<http://kiskeacity.bmetrack.com/c/l?u=B2712F1&e=113E0B7&c=77108&t=0&l=1320A9BA&email=VT85Y%2BMiOAU%2Fr%2FYvJCytmncGnDpkDc0NowUqtZzPSRwe2757PeXmYw%3D%3D&seq=1>
to guide the global Wikimedia movement into the future. The goal is that by
2030, Wikimedia will become the essential infrastructure of the ecosystem
of free knowledge, and anyone who shares our vision will be able to join.

Over the past three years, people from across the global Wikimedia movement
have come together to discuss how we can work towards this. The result is a
set of underlying principles and ten recommendations, each with
accompanying initiatives and actions.

We are now in a transitional stage between the creation of the strategy and
its implementation. This is a crucial moment to explore how the English
language community can contribute to the implementation of the strategy,
and have a say in how the recommendations are prioritised.

Inspired by the Movement Strategy's 10-year vision, Wikimedia UK would like
to hear from volunteers based anywhere in the world who contribute to
English Wikipedia about where the movement should focus its efforts in
2021.

The meeting will be held over Zoom on Tuesday 17th November from 5 to 7pm
UTC. We will be joined by a number of Wikimedia Foundation staff members
including:

Katherine Maher, Executive Director/CEO

Ryan Merkley, Chief of Staff

Mehrdad Pourzaki, Community Relations and Communications, Movement Strategy

Kaarel Vaidla, Lead Movement Process Architect

Please sign up to the event through this Google Form
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf6h49tEmEMGBwa4EIcPGmw6j3aGNeXWh2t9Le2esumI-pbrw/viewform?usp=sf_link>
(or email me, if you would prefer). The zoom link will be sent out in
advance of the call. In the meantime you can find out more about the
movement strategy and the ten recommendations here
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Strategy/Wikimedia_movement/2018-20/Recommendations>
.

I look forward to seeing many of you at the meeting!

With best wishes

Lucy

--
Lucy Crompton-Reid