On Thu, Feb 4, 2021 at 9:48 AM Katherine Maher <kma...@wikimedia.org> wrote:
> Earlier today, I announced to my colleagues at the Wikimedia Foundation
> my intention to step down as CEO later this spring.

You did amazing work for the movement. Like others who have moved on
from WMF, it has felt great knowing that the organization is in great
hands under your leadership, and has accomplished major new
milestones. Congratulations as well on the UCoC, which I also agree is
incredibly important for the reasons that have been well-articulated
by others in the related thread. Getting Wikipedia unblocked in Turkey
was huge, and I was thrilled to read about the UN partnership. There's
too much other stuff to list, but exciting projects kicked off under
your leadership include your support for Wikidata and Abstract
Wikipedia -- as will be no surprise, I'm especially excited about
following those developments. :)

You took the helm at a time when WMF was going through a rocky period
(to say the least), and these and other achievements are especially
remarkable in light of how far the organization had to come to make
them possible. I'm genuinely excited about what's next for you, and
know that you'll bring your passion for Wikimedia's values with you.
Thank you, Katherine, for your service.

Warmly,

Erik