Lisa + all -- Excellent to see this take shape.  It pairs well with a
vintage CSB
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Countering_systemic_bias>

Thank you for putting out a call for potential projects to support.  I'll
think more on it before filling out the form
<https://forms.gle/gzqRH7yMFEGgZb4e6>; some categories that come to mind
that can't happen on-wiki projects today:
 * Reliable secondary sources that write prolifically about
under-documented people and projects
 * Reliable interlocutors that record and index oral and other histories,
and under-documented languages (cf Rosetta and PanLex)
* Making representative subsets of essential collections available
digitally (ex.
<https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/hundreds-native-american-treaties-digitized-and-online-first-time-180976056/>)
+ under a free license. (ex.
<https://news.artnet.com/art-world/getty-wins-jet-ebony-archives-auction-1606687>
)

Sam.

PS - some thoughts on your comments, Geni:

Geni writes:
> 3 [internet access] isn't really viable at our kind of funding levels and
has significant enviromental concerns.

Efforts to get libraries online, in regions whose lit + historical + public
records are underrepresented on the searchable web, is quite impactful as
part of digitization + mirroring efforts.  Many regional groups work in
collab w existing infrastructure-efforts providing the bandwidth [such as
Giga <https://www.unicef.org/innovation/giga>]

> 4 [digital literacy]  Again not really viable at our funding levels

Not my experience; especially as knowledge propagates like a taper flame.

> (also english language lessions would have more impact).

I imagine this is not meant to be limited to the english-speaking world and
projects.

> 5 [non-traditional records of knowledge] runs into the issue that the
community has not historicaly proven accepting of attempts to lower RS and
notability standards for non western areas.

This comment seems a bit off-topic.  These grants as described are not
constrained by what is accepted by current wiki projects; archiving and
indexing non-traditional records allows them to be cited and allows the
archives to become recognized as reliable sources; only a few
project-language-editions to my knowledge have been prickly about engaging
with oral histories, and such records exist in every culture and part of
the world.
<https://news.artnet.com/art-world/getty-wins-jet-ebony-archives-auction-1606687>

🌍🌏🌎🌑