On Mon, Jun 14, 2021 at 10:45 PM Željko Blaće <zbl...@mi2.hr> wrote:

> Thank you for publishing this, but in all honesty it feels as a bit
> too little too late.
>
> After a quick reading of the summary I am somewhat disappointed that
> the investigation commissioned by WMF was so reductive in presenting
> the complexity of the situation (it is not all about the language) and
> keeping it content centric *(with very few people/social centric
> observations). WMF also did not reflect on more than a decade of
> itself being a more-less passive observer (if even observer) of
> frustrations of contributors to Wikipedia in Croatian language*
> (calling it Croatian Wikipedia is a part of the problem as it adds to
> the nation-state perception of Wikipedia). In this decade aspirations
> with UCoC makes me wonder how WMF's lack of action would pass here?
>
> For Wikipedians who spent over a decade asking for help *(many have
> burned out and will not return even now that situation is better) it
> would likely be useful to hear some kind of a sign of apology for the
> lack of interest, oversight and support on the WMF side. As for the
> recommendations presented, these at best may be well intended but also
> seem fairly technocratic in approach and naive at what the capacities
> and conditions of work are in the wider context and in the project
> itself.
>
> Best Z. Blace

Minor update - second biggest TV broadcaster in Croatia covered the story
with few mistakes and good intentions, as well as a naive conclusion
that all is resolved now and also thanks to the research by WMF :-/
https://www.rtl.hr/vijesti-hr/novosti/hrvatska/4057588/hrvatska-wikipedija-napokon-prestaje-biti-leglo-dezinformacija-povijesnog-revizionizma-i-relativiziranja-ratnih-zlocina/

Best Z. Blace