This is problematic at very many levels:
* Are we policing intent or actual wrongdoing -- i.e. bias in actual edits?
* Is there something wrong in me aspiring for some political entity (which
doesn't exist currently) or does it become wrong only when my bias actually
shows in my editing?
* If the former case, isn't this some form of Thought Policing?
* Should we also not ban all forms of affiliations to religion,
nationality, gender (her/his/its) or race and skin colour, as these also
reflect some or the other bias?
* Someone said slavery is against human rights. Well, I don't think this
was always the situation, and that was precisely my point. Human standards
keep changing.... It was a perfectly fine business at one point of time, as
was selling opium to China.
* Well, nobody would object to "Free Tibet", because that is seen as a
politically correct cause in today's unipolar world. If the Chinese were at
the helm of a unipolar world, I'm sure we would all be thinking
differently. Especially me!
Let's keep some space for diversity, please. As some person said, let a
thousand flowers bloom! FN
PS: Above all, those who want to whisper into our ears as to what's wrong
with this user or  his/her actions, can't we have this discussion under the
glare of public scrutiny and accountability?

On Fri, 2 Jul 2021 at 16:57, Peter Southwood <peter.southw...@telkomsa.net>
wrote:

> The problem is which political opinions would be acceptable on a user
> page, and who gets to decide this. We are expected to edit neutrally, so
> expressing a political opinion on a user page could be  considered a
> declaration of partisanship which could extend to editing behaviour.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Peter