I can understand the indeed for all the publications to be published in one
common language, to enable easier comparison between works and to be able
to share the work across more of the community so we can benefit from the
work.

Perhaps there can be some support provided by the WMF to enable
translations of the research to english in a timely manner. Or at least
allow for an abstract to translated now and for finalists of the potential
works to be translated. Inclusion of communities must be our first priority
above any recognition through awards anything short of that goal
doesnt bestow any value to being awarded something as part of a global
community.

GN.