Hi,

On 1/30/22 21:14, Luis Villa wrote:
(2) What mechanisms was/is the board using to measure organizational health? For example, in 2015 we did an employee engagement survey only when morale had already plummeted over a cliff; the board never asked for one. Should it have? If not, what should it have been doing instead? (The way it did listen to staff—anonymous backchannels available only to certain staff—was… honestly not ideal. I understand that the HR team now does regular engagement surveys; no idea if those are reported to the board’s Talent and Culture Committee[2]?)

This is no longer the case, no survey was held in 2021 and AIUI the 2020 results were significantly delayed and not properly/fully released to staff.

I'm not aware of any significant improvements to the board<-->staff communication channels either. The board promised staff an ombudsperson back during the 2015-era drama that never materialized despite staff repeatedly asking for it. Given today's circumstances and problems, I would expect that such an ombudsperson would need to be elected/selected by staff, not the board/management.

-- Legoktm