I've asked for the reasons to mix those two totally different type of seats in
2021 on the discussion page of the board[1], but I never got any answer besides
''the board decided this way'', which is in no way a valid decision process for
community matters in the Wikiverse.
I've asked again on the page, where such things should appear at first, the
board election committee[2], where to find the process for the election of the
affiliate seats.

The mix-up of those two very distinct type of seats is in no way useful, nor
has it anywhere discussed with the ultimate ruler of the Wikiverse, the
community.

I'd rather see any answers on-wiki in those two threads then here, in this
slightly off-wiki venue of a mailing list.

Grüße vom Sänger

[1]:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Wikimedia_Foundation_Board_of_Trustees#Why_mixing_up_community_and_affiliates
[2]: