Dear all,

We would like to share with you the latest update on the planning of the
Wikimedia Summit 2022.

The application process for on-site participation is now closed

We thank you for your responsiveness despite the short timeline. We
received over 130 applications and collected valuable data on movement
strategy engagement in the affiliates. All applicants who completed the
form and answered all questions should have received a confirmation email
earlier today. If you completed your application on time and yet did not
receive a confirmation, please send an email to wmsum...@wikimedia.de.

The final invitation list for on-site participants will be shared in the
second week of May

Each application will be thoroughly reviewed and the final invitation list
will be published in the second week of May on our meta page
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Summit_2022/Participant%27s_list>.
The registration process for on-site participation is therefore postponed
and will start after the final invitation list has been published.

We are extending online participation

Based on the feedback we received, we decided to extend online
participation to allow for more inclusion and equity.

   -

   Some sessions will be streamed publicly to ensure a certain level of
   transparency and flow of information.
   -

   Workshops will be open for registered participants from eligible
   affiliates and other eligible attendees (WMF, committees, etc., details
   tbc).
   -

   Each eligible affiliate will be allocated a total of 3 seats for
   participation for both on-site and online participation. This includes the
   affiliate’s representatives and Executive Directors. That means:
   -

      If an affiliate doesn’t have in-person representation at all, 3
      online slots for participation will be provided.
      -

      If an affiliate has 1 in-person representative attending, the
      affiliate gets 2 additional online slots for participation.
      -

      If an affiliate has 2 in-person representatives (the Executive
      Director), the affiliate gets 1 additional online slot.