Hi,

On the other hand, every other candidate was against this deviation from the established process, see the response at:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:Wikipedia_Signpost/2022-08-01/Election_guide#Comment_from_candidates

As was the election committee, see:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Wikimedia_Foundation_elections/2022/Community_Voting/Questions_for_Candidates
(under 'From the Elections Committee').

Thanks,
Mike

On 5/8/22 15:56:49, Kunal Mehta wrote:
Hi everyone,

On 8/2/22 07:01, Andreas Kolbe wrote:
July has ended and a new Signpost issue is out – complete with an Election Guide that includes op-eds by all six shortlisted candidates for the WMF Board, and candidates' answers to community questions on the associated talk pages.

I want to thank the Signpost editors for setting this up and for allowing me to write an op-ed about why I'm running: <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikipedia_Signpost/2022-08-01/Election_guide/Candidate_Op-Ed_%E2%80%93_Kunal_Mehta>.

There was a pretty short period of time for community members to suggest questions for candidates, so I'm happy to answer any questions people might have about my candidacy on the talk page or elsewhere.

Thanks,
-- Kunal / Legoktm
Wikimedia-l mailing list -- wikimedia-l@lists.wikimedia.org, guidelines at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines and https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia-l Public archives at https://lists.wikimedia.org/hyperkitty/list/wikimedia-l@lists.wikimedia.org/message/W76RBCJY52OTF7BTSJQHREZLRULHWQG5/