Hi Risker,

I broadly agree - there are a lot of benefits from in-person meetings, mostly from spontaneous meetings, but not so much for the actual program!

Different people also work in very different ways. With your second point, internet connectivity problems, interface challenges, and finding it difficult to socalize --- but in person --- are also relevant for some (including myself ;-) ).

Perhaps the reverse approach would be better then? Really focus on those who have never had the opportunities, to solve their problems, and mix with others at the conference - and for most regular attendees, get them to attend online and not take up so much of the meeting resources?

"it is critical that we don't consider the presence of those who face greater challenges in attending in-person as non-essential." - I completely agree with this, but on the flip side, don't consider it essential that you have to attend in-person to participate equally. Particularly if you can't attend in-person for any reason (family commitments, travel restrictions, funding, medical issues, etc...).

Thanks,
Mike