Hi all, reminder that we are starting the information session now:
https://wikimedia.zoom.us/j/89032870014

Alex Stinson

On Thu, Sep 22, 2022 at 3:32 PM Felix Nartey <fnar...@wikimedia.org> wrote:

> *Tl;dr: *Looking for a way to learn how to effectively organize around
> sustainability? Join the beta version of the Organizer Lab on WikiLearn to
> understand how to effectively organize a global campaign around
> sustainability and climate change! Applications are open from Sep. 22 -
> Oct. 19. Information session coming up on September 30 at 14:00 UTC
> <https://wikimedia.zoom.us/j/89032870014>.
>
> Dear Wikimedians,
>
> The Campaigns Team
> <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Campaigns/Foundation_Programs_Team> at
> the Wikimedia Foundation is pleased to announce the beta version of a new
> program called the Organizer Lab
> <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Campaigns/Organizer_Lab>. This call is
> open to any Wikimedia community organizers with some local organizing
> experience, who believe in the potential of the Wikimedia movement to
> effectively mobilize around Topics for Impact
> <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Strategy/Wikimedia_movement/2018-20/Recommendations/Identify_Topics_for_Impact>,
> and who are keen to improve their skills to organize at the international
> level.
>
> Why an Organizer Lab?
>
> Campaigns and other topic-based calls to action have been some of the most
> impactful organized activities in the Wikimedia movement. However, as
> observed consistently across Foundation grantmaking programs and in other
> community settings, we hear organizers asking for additional support for
> designing programs that successfully recruit and retain new contributors
> drawn to address specific knowledge gaps on the projects, and which can
> join with other movement activities beyond their local context.
> Additionally, the Organizer Lab is aligned with other Movement Strategy
> priorities and Foundation investment areas:
>
>    -
>
>    It is designed to generate replicable approaches to implementing
>    elements of several Movement Strategy recommendations: Invest in Skills &
>    Leadership Development, Identify Topics for Impact, and
>    Evaluate/Iterate/Adapt.
>    -
>
>    It is will generate new insights and adoption opportunities for new
>    event and campaign action software being developed by our close
>    collaborators, the WMF Campaigns Product team
>    <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Campaigns/Foundation_Product_Team>
>    -
>
>    Its initial topic of focus also supports the Wikimedia Foundation’s
> Sustainability
>    Initiative
>
> <https://diff.wikimedia.org/2022/06/27/wikimedia-foundations-carbon-footprint-report-for-2021/>
>    .
>

> The Organizer Lab will provide a structured way for organizers to refine
> their abilities, learning how to design campaigns and other effective calls
> to action to address strategic knowledge gaps on Wikimedia projects. Though
> [...]

Alex Stinson
Lead Program Strategist
Wikimedia Foundation
Twitter: @sadads

Learn more about how the communities behind Wikipedia, Wikidata and other
Wikimedia projects create calls to action to invite new contributors
through campaigns: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Campaigns