> user-editable cache of multimodal answers

Apologies, but that's a terrible idea. Who wants to edit keeping up to
date, for example, "teams currently in the playoffs"?

In any case, I feel obligated to share this with the list:
https://www.anthropic.com/index/100k-context-windows

Anthropic Claude is relatively fast, and rate limited only by
excluding concurrent interactions, meaning that any one API key
registrant could obtain tens of thousands of responses per day.  As
far as I can tell, that would be the most economical way forward.

I do not know whether their commercial offeriings are analogously
inexpensive, but I would remind of the aphorism, "We're number two, we
try harder." https://chat.lmsys.org/?leaderboard

-LW