Hello Nikolai,

User Group was recognized as an affiliate for the first time in 2017 but
was derecognized in 2020 due to inactivity. In 2023, affiliate
representatives applied again for recognition, which was done this year.
Therefore, there are two entries on the page about the recognition
resolution.

Kindly,
Mehman.

On Thu, Apr 4, 2024 at 1:20 AM Коля Красный via Wikimedia-l <
wikimedia-l@lists.wikimedia.org> wrote:

> Guys, I’m glad for the wikimedians of Botswana and we’re now cheering for
> them in a pub in Samarkand, but I’ve checked their page and found two
> resolutions on recognition — one dated by 2017 and another is this one. Can
> anyone explain what have happened?
>

> Четверг, 4 апреля 2024, 1:55 +05:00 от Affiliations Committee <
> aff...@wikimedia.org>:
>
> Hi everyone!
>
> I'm very happy to announce that the Affiliations Committee has recognized
> [1] Wikimedia Community User Group Botswana [2] as a Wikimedia User Group.
> The group aims to to promote the use of Wikimedia and its sister projects
> by the residents of Botswana, and to also help in creating awareness on how
> the everyday Botswana can contribute to the pool of free knowledge, which
> is Wikimedia; most especially in the translation efforts into the major
> local languages (Setswana).
>
> Please join me in congratulating the members of this new user group!
>
> Regards,
> Jeffrey Keefer
> Chair, Affiliations Committee
>
> [1]
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Affiliations_Committee/Resolutions/Recognition_of_Wikimedia_Community_User_Group_Botswana
> [2]
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Community_User_Group_Botswana

> Nikolai Bulykin (User:Красный)

Mehman Ibragimov

Secretary

Affiliations Committee (AffCom)

Wikimedia Username: Mehman
 m.ibragimov....@gmail.com
 Tbilisi, Georgia

[image: facebook] <https://www.facebook.com/WikimediaAffCom>
[image: twitter] <https://twitter.com/WikimediaAffCom>
<https://www.instagram.com/wmturkic/>

*Please consider the environment before printing – Go Green Keep it on the
screen!*

This email message and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended
unauthorized use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not
the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and