As per the last input by James Heilman regarding multilingualism:

Whatever translations we could implement in the interactive graphs that may
imply some kind of a “mirroring back” to OWID, is a win-win for both projects
and for the sake of free knowledge. Considering the relevance of OWID in
academic environments, it would be great that our efforts in adapting them
on-wiki for our articles can revert to a better language accessibility there as
well.

Salutacions/Kind regards,

Xavier Dengra

As per the latest input by James
El dc, 17 abr., 2024 a 22:41, James Heilman <[jmh...@gmail.com](mailto:El dc,
17 abr., 2024 a 22:41, James Heilman <<a href=)> va escriure:

> Was involved in 2019 with loading the [datasets that form these
> graphs](https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Data:CO2PerCapita.tab) onto
> Commons. And then we were using these data sets within our [currently dead
> graph tool](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Doc_James/OurWorld). While we
> got it to work, sort of, it was never nearly as nice as what OWID does. For
> example our tool could not "zoom in" to Europe.
>
> With respect to offline use, the still images are offline functional within
> ZIMs for Kiwix, but yes the interactive graphs are not functional in these
> ZIMs/offline.
>
> The graphs actually work beautifully on mobile web. Not sure about the
> Wikipedia app.
>
> All of OWIDs source code is open source and we could definitely look at
> pulling it into our ecosystem. We already made a copy of it with a number of
> modifications at https://owidm.wmcloud.org/ Another major benefit to bringing
> it in house is that we would have greater control over making it multilingual
> (that was one of the reasons we looked at the mirror).
>
> Another strategy could be to look at a partnership with OWID for these
> specific 4,500 graphics. We could help them become more multilingual, with an
> agreement around our reuse / mirroring their site on production servers. Plus
> we could feedback other datasets to be graphed for either of our use.
>
> James
>
> On Wed, Apr 17, 2024 at 2:22 PM Brooke Vibber <bvib...@wikimedia.org> wrote:
>
>> Note that a third-party web service is not ideal; in addition to the issues
>> of tracking and privacy, it can't work offline and likely would require
>> additional work to get the graphics working on mobile web, mobile apps, and
>> offline (kiwix etc). Integrating fully with a self-contained service that is
>> supported by our whole ecosystem and maintained in the future would be
>> desirable in the work I'd like to make sure we do on multimedia.
>>
>> -- brooke
>>
>> On Wed, Apr 17, 2024 at 12:59 PM James Heilman <jmh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> A bit more background on Our World in Data.
>>>
>>> They currently have about 4,500 data visualization
>>> https://ourworldindata.org/charts
>>>
>>> They come in two main formats:
>>>
>>> 1) Grapher: These are simpler and their older work
>>> https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/deaths-from-substance-disorders
>>> 2) Explorers: These are newer with more ways to adjust data