Greetings Wikimedians,

I am Aafi, the Lead for Deoband Community Wikimedia, a thematic user group affiliate of the Wikimedia Foundation.

I am very glad to announce the establishment of Wiki Club AMU, an extra-curricular student-led club, aiming to engage students at the Aligarh Muslim University in India. The university was established over 149 years ago in 1875 and has a very rich history and legacy.

I am hopeful that this club brings a change both in our movement and at the university by engaging students.

Link to the Meta-Wiki page:
https://w.wiki/AFSV

Noting that establishing a network of Wiki Clubs for capacity development is one of our strategic priorities at the Deoband Community Wikimedia, and Wiki Club AMU is the second of these clubs, the previous one being the Wiki Club Jamia, which was established in October 2023.

Regards
Aafi
Lead, DCW