Dear Wikimedia Community:

I am writing to express my concerns about the current practices regarding
the blocking of anonymous IP addresses on Wikimedia projects. While I fully
understand and support the necessity of preventing trolls, disinformation,
and vandalism, I believe that the approach to blocking anonymous addresses
may need reconsideration.

It appears that IP addresses are sometimes blocked preemptively, based on
the possibility of misuse, without concrete evidence of abusive activity.
This practice, while well-intentioned, can inadvertently discourage genuine
contributors who prefer or need to edit anonymously. The potential for such
contributors to be excluded from participating in the Wikimedia projects is
a serious issue that warrants attention.

I believe it is essential for our community to find a balance between
safeguarding the integrity of our content and maintaining an open,
inclusive environment for all contributors. I urge the community to review
and discuss these policies to ensure they are both effective and fair.

Thank you for considering these concerns. I look forward to a constructive
discussion on how we can address this issue together.

Regards,
Robert Levenstein