Hello all

It is quite a while for me to write to you in this list, and now I think I
have something worth raising and breaking my long silence here.

You may hear from the news of the terrible earthquake in Myanmar today. In
private discussions with Wikipedians friends in our region, we notice in
Myanmese Wikipedia, there was long silence without any "local" edits.

So we wonder if WMF staff, relevant hubs or volunteer communities have
better information about the well-being of the Myanmese Wikipedians. I
doubt we have big plans for them, but I think any news about them is
something we don't want to miss.

During my time leading the Wikimania 2013, I did initiate a search of
Myanmese Wikipedia in Myanmar and even secure one of them to visit us
during the conference with external sponsorship. So I think I have some
position to raise this issue.

I hope everyone in our community in Myanmar and Thailand is safe and sound,
and we pray for them.

BR,
Jeromy

Jeromy-Yu Chan, Jerry
Yuyu on Wikipedia
Usually as Jeromyu on other SNS
_______________________________________________
Wikimedia-l mailing list -- [email protected], guidelines at: 
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines and 
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia-l
Public archives at 
https://lists.wikimedia.org/hyperkitty/list/[email protected]/message/RGM7EPY6N6ISAMJNQN7GVC7MQZPZYWRI/
To unsubscribe send an email to [email protected]

Reply via email to