Peter (Halasz), um... your last post is probably not helpful. I happen to
agree with you that it is a good idea to make the chapter Wiki more open to
editing. However, this is a discussion about the
validity/importance/appropriateness of doing so and making inflammatory
statements risks you falling foul of 'godwins law' and, by corollary, losing
automatically. :-)

This discussion here has heard from people who are members, elected
committee and lapsed members, but I think we've yet to hear from anyone who
is not a member as to whether they would be more willing to be involved with
chapter activities. I would like to point to the UK chapter's "water
cooler<http://uk.wikimedia.org/wiki/Water_cooler>"
as an example of the kind of active conversations that I think the Chapter
should be hosting on our "Billabong <http://wikimedia.org.au/wiki/Billabong>"
- which is where this whole discussion started from. I note with interest
that they recently had a discussion on that page about whether their wiki
should allow IP editing or not.

Could any non-members who are following this discussion please pipe up, as,
all current discussants are members and by definition are already allowed to
edit and therefore any change wouldn't affect them very much.

In any case, I have added to the agenda of the forthcoming committee meeting
an item about whether we should change editing rights.

-Liam [[witty lama]]

wittylama.com/blog
Peace, love & metadata