Nice one :-)
Another possibility is asking a zoo to pick an animal or species that they're
actively invlolved in conservation work with - to improve biological articles
about thee endangered species (for which the zoo should have good references
for).

I know that Melbourne Zoo has a recently born elephant cub [or is 'calf' the
correct term?] that might be a good  reason to focus on that species.

-Liam