Thought this might be an opportunity for our guys to help out :)

http://archivesoutside.records.nsw.gov.au/can-you-date-this-photograph-wagga-wagga-council-chambers/

Quoting from that site:

*This photograph comes to you from Charles Sturt University Regional
Archives in Wagga Wagga.

The image is obviously of an official occasion, most likely the welcoming of
some important people (possibly, the man and woman in the centre front) to
Wagga but we don’t know who they are or when it was taken.

Two things we do know about it are that the people are standing on the front
steps of the Wagga Wagga Council Chambers (built in 1881) and that the
bearded gentleman in the hat in the back left is James Gormly, Member for
Murrumbidgee/Wagga (1885-1904), who died in 1922.  These two pieces of
information equate to the photograph being taken sometime between 1881 &
1922.

What we’re hoping for is that the wonderful blog readers know enough about
fashion so as to narrow down the time frame even further.  The best outcome
would be for someone to actually recognise and name the visitors.

We have many other undated photographs in Photo
Investigator<http://investigator.records.nsw.gov.au/asp/photosearch/introduction.htm>and
on our Flickr
account <http://www.flickr.com/photos/state-records-nsw>. If you know the
dates or any other interesting facts about these images please let us
know<http://archivesoutside.records.nsw.gov.au/contact-us/>
.*