Hi Thehelpfulone,

You can request an account for the chapter wiki here:

http://www.wikimedia.org.au/wiki/Special:RequestAccount

Your application will be assessed by one of the three account approvers
(Angela, Andrew, or Mark) and hopefully approved.  They're usually fairly
quick off the mark in dealing with applications, so you won't have to wait
long.  Obviously, feedback from non-members on member proposals is very
welcome as well.

For a bit of background on why this is the way that it is, see:

http://www.wikimedia.org.au/wiki/Billabong#Non-member_participation
http://www.wikimedia.org.au/wiki/Proposal:Non-member_participation
and
http://www.wikimedia.org.au/wiki/Meeting:Committee_(2011-09-15)#Non-member_participation