From: John Vandenberg <jay...@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Jun 23, 2013 at 4:51 PM
Subject: Contracting: procurement subcommittee
To: WMAu members <memb...@wikimedia.org.au>

Hi members,

Wikimedia Australia has adopted a contracting model for resourcing our
organisation.

The first step down this path is setting up a 'procurement
subcommittee', which will be a group of volunteers who review and
approve packages of work that are to be given to contractors.  The
committee is seeking members of the organisation who have an interest
in being part of this procurement subcommittee.  If you have
financial, HR, or project management experience, you'd be ideal.  If
you have some other experience that might be relevant, you're ideal
too!

However members of the procurement subcommittee can't be a contractor.
You can be part of this procurement subcommittee for a limited time
if, say, you'd like to help set it up but can't make a long-term
commitment to the role.

If you're interested, please send an email with your relevant
experience to the committee (c...@wikimedia.org.au).

We'll be discussing this at the next public meeting, which is next Sunday.

If you are interested in working for Wikimedia Australia as a
contractor, or know someone who is, we'll be calling for contractors
soon after the procurement subcommittee is established.

If you have a wiki project that could benefit from some paid
personnel, please send your ideas to the members mailing list
(memb...@wikimedia.org.au) for discussion, and please come to the
public meeting next week.

For more details, see the approved proposal page.

http://www.wikimedia.org.au/wiki/Proposal:Contracting

Regards,
John Vandenberg