On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 9:03 AM, Liam Wyatt <liamwy...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Aloha from Hawaii!
>
> I'm at an Internet cafe so must be brief.
> I too would like to see us 'weigh in' on the matter of the copyright review
> and as some of you may recall I made a submission to the initial round
> myself (specifically relating to faithful reproductions of 2D PD artworks).
>
> I would be very happy to see WMAu to send in a 'we support what the ADA
> said' submission.
>
> Tell me if I can help in this matter because Trish is based at the National
> Library and I see her almost daily.

A WMAU response endorsing the ADA submissions would be good.  We
should start a draft in someone's userspace and take it from there.

http://digital.org.au/submissions

Also relevant is the IP chapter of TPP which was leaked yesterday by Wikileaks

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2013/11/tpp-leak-confirms-worst-us-negotiators-still-trying-trade-away-internet-freedoms
https://newmatilda.com/2013/11/14/tpp-serious-threat-australian-sovereignty

The raw text is here:

http://wikileaks.org/tpp/

Many online commentators are equating it with SOPA, etc., as it
contains many of the same provisions.

--
John