Yes, Agreed with what Kerry has said.
Another way of phrasing that - correct me if you disagree Kerry - is that
being social is the "currency" of social media platforms. It is the
end-goal of twitter/facebook/etc and you are more valued on those platforms
the more "social" you are. However on Wikimedia being social is a
means-to-an-end. The "currency" of Wikimedia is good quality output (either
in articles, minor-edits, photos, bots, code....) and more often than not
you are required to be social in the creation of that output. But the
crucial difference is that being social is not the end-goal. There is a
higher purpose.

-Liam

wittylama.com
Peace, love & metadata