The site as it is has a bit of the Wikipedia "problem": you browse and
it causes more browsing.

Note that there are special cases in this site (some without actual
explanation):
* Some videos have lists of shortcuts to go to specific parts (e.g.
http://www.scienceimage.csiro.au/video/12259/csironet-1985-/ )
* This seems to show the robot's current location:
http://www.scienceimage.csiro.au/image/1503/stealth-robot/ (this is
the one without an actual explanation)
* And, of course, some blurbs do have links (e.g.
http://www.scienceimage.csiro.au/image/1861/3d-printed-toothless-dragon/
).

On 6 May 2014 09:54, Liam Wyatt <liamwy...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Australian and GLAMtools lists,
> I read today on the Creative Commons Australia blog that CSIRIO's
> ScienceImage library has been re-licensed to CC-BY:
> http://creativecommons.org.au/blog/2014/04/csiro-releases-scienceimage-archive-4000-cc-by-photos-free-for-reuse/
> [for non-Australians CSIRO is our national science/research institute].
>
> This is a fabulous series of images, nearly all of which are useful in WP
> articles as they are taken for 'scientific' purposes which means they are
> easily usable as educational images. Take a look:
>
> http://www.scienceimage.csiro.au/
>
> There's also over 500 documentary video files
> http://www.scienceimage.csiro.au/search/?tags=&keyword=&library=&assettype=video&rgb=&deviation=30&page=1
>
> Here are the subject areas they've divided things up into:
>
> Animals birds fish marine life sheep
> Buildings laboratories radio telescopes
> Food fruits vegetables seafood
> Insects arachnids moths termites
> Landscapes deserts farms mountains
> People In the lab in the field
> Plants crops flowers trees
> Soil Science erosion mining soils
> Technology computers & computer equipment
> Textile wool and woollen products
> Transportation boats
> Equipment industrial equipment laboratories
> Fire bushfire fire management
> Water irrigation lakes rivers
>
> Could someone on the GLAMWikiToolset users see if you can neatly extract
> these files to mass upload them to Commons? Equally, we could try to contact
> CSIRO directly?
>
> -Liam
>
> wittylama.com
> Peace, love & metadata