Congratulations, Jessie!

It is super cool that you will bring your talent to other places! It was a
pleasure to know and work with you! Thanks for everything you did for the
Wikimedia movement and that you taught me whilst I had the opportunity to
work together! You rock!

P. S. We need create a page about IDEO in Portuguese, then I'll keep
supporting you to learn our language. :P (could be a start!)

Abraços!

Tom

> Dear friends and colleagues,
>
> Many of who have already heard from Jessie in multiple ways, but for those
> who haven't: Jessie Wild, who currently heads the Learning and Evaluation
> team in the Grantmaking department at WMF, is leaving for a year's
> fellowship with Ideo.[1] Her last day at the Foundation is tomorrow.
>

> We are going to miss her. Jessie has been an extraordinary and integral
> part of WMF for the last four years, and demonstrated her initiative,
> insight and leadership in each of the positions she’s ably held here. For
> many of you, you may remember Jessie's first role was part of the
> consultant team working on the 5 year strategy. Most recently and
> importantly, she’s led the Learning and Evaluation team in the past year to
> do some significant baseline research and impact analyses of our grants and
> programs across the movement. This is work that lays the foundation for a
> great deal of our strategic vision and direction going forward. Thank you
> so much, Jessie, for all your strategic leadership, but even more: thank
> you for who you are, and the heart you’ve always brought to your team, WMF
> and the communities we support.
>
> We are hoping that Jessie will rejoin us when she’s completed this
> brilliant opportunity at IDEO (she’s one of four chosen from over 450
> applicants!). However, the work we are doing with all of you on impact and
> strategic outcomes for the movement is urgent and will need to be ramped up
> even further over this year. We will be opening up this position to lead
> the L&E team soon, and keep you posted on it.
>
> Jessie, thank you again for all your manifold contributions.
>
> Warmly,
>
> Anasuya
>
> [1] http://www.ideo.org/fellows
>
> --
>

> *Anasuya SenguptaSenior Director of GrantmakingWikimedia Foundation*
>
> Imagine a world in which every single human being can freely share in
> the sum of all knowledge.  Help us make it a reality!
> Support Wikimedia <https://donate.wikimedia.org/>

Everton Zanella Alvarenga (also Tom)
Open Knowledge Brasil - Rede pelo Conhecimento Livre
http://br.okfn.org