On 16.10.2010 01:46, Patrick Borer wrote:

> A rather grotesque prospect: no free images (as we all know, a "use on
> Wikipedia" license will not do) of a prize awarded to the founder of
> Wikipedia... it really should be made sure that the photographer
> releases at least some pictures under a free license...
>
> Regards
> Patrick Borer

It's not grotesque, it's the reality.

Please have in mind that is Jimbo to receive the prize and not
"Wikipedia". They think to award Wikipedia through Jimbo.

In my opinion there is a big problem of communication and it's evident
that this GDI doesn't know the philosophy of Wikipedia/Wikimedia.

In this event all is grotesque.

Ilario