Hi Ludo,

internal discussions at CERN had long been on the way, and there had
been occasional interactions with Wikimedians before, but the movement
was and is slow, so it is hard to tell whether my interactions with
them have catalyzed anything or whether the time was simply ripe by
now. Would be interesting to know, though, because it may help us
estimate what we might have to do to get other institutions to move
towards more openness.

My talk at CERN from last year sits at
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Daniel_Mietchen/Talks/CERN_2012 ,
and the video may be interesting after about 1h when my part was
finished and the audience was basically discussing these issues
amongst themselves for another hour or so.

Also, I had started with mentioning that the file
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:CMS_Higgs-event.jpg
had an unclear copyright situation, and it is actually in the first
set that has been openly licensed now.

Cheers,

d.

--