Purely speculative:

several research institute in Switzerland have develop apps to recognize
mountain peaks, I wonder if, using the pictures of monuments in Commons, such
institute couldn’t develop a database of « profiles » used to recognize
monuments in Switzerland. Based on the the geolocalization of the camera you
should easily determine which profile to use for each monument?

charles

Charles ANDRES, Chief Science Officer
"Wikimedia CH" – Association for the advancement of free knowledge –
www.wikimedia.ch
Skype: charles.andres.wmch
IRC://irc.freenode.net/wikimedia-ch