It's important to say, in my opinion, that the project was not approved
until some days ago because the main focus was only the creation of the new
content (pictures of the members of the Parliament).

Only at the start of this week the project plan is changed in order to do
more "lobbying" and after the statement of WMF that the Foundation can fund
projects which may do lobbying.

In my opinion the project itself has been submitted like clone of a
(successful) German project more focused on photos than in communication
and lobbying, for this reason it seems that there is no strategy of
communication.

Personally I think that the interviews to these members (also by videoclip)
about their opinions on free licenses may be a really good content and
shared with all the movement.

Unfortunately the time slot is too short (2 or 3 weeks) in order to
organize a good communication plan.

I think that WM CH may collect all the material in order to create a good
communication plan afterwards.

Regards

On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 1:17 PM, Yann Heurtaux <yann.heurt...@gmail.com>wrote:

> [...]
> Nowadays, that's a campaign, if done right (i.e. something that can
> leverage press coverage attention).
>
> Ludo et al.: Is there any plan for a member of the WMCH "Photo team" to go
> there? Like one or two with a French Passport? ;)
>
> Please keep in mind that story-wise, we are the perfect chapter to
> communicate about that project : languages-mix, plus special position of
> Switzerland in political Europe (not really a member, not really less than
> a member).
>

> On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 11:33 AM, Charles Andrès <
> charles.andres.w...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello Yann,
>>
>> There is no « institutional plan » for Wikimedia CH around these project.
>> It doesn’t mean that WMCH is not supporting, on the contrary, but WMCH will
>> not actively engaged in a action related to this project without WMCH *unless
>> *swiss wikimedians ask us for support.
>>
>> Anyway, WMCH can support by providing photographic materials
>> https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Wikimedia_CH/Lending_equipment
>>
>> especially the lights and the sony A900 camera.
>>

>> Cheers
>>
>> Charles

>> Charles ANDRES, Chief Science Officer
>> "Wikimedia CH" – Association for the advancement of free knowledge –
>> www.wikimedia.ch
>> Skype: charles.andres.wmch
>> IRC://irc.freenode.net/wikimedia-ch
>>
>> Le 7 janv. 2014 à 22:37, Yann Heurtaux <yann.heurt...@gmail.com> a écrit
>> :
>>
>> Is there any communications campaign / editorial calendar planned by WMCH
>> at the moment to support this terrific project?
>>
>> Timeline is bad for me (I have a huge project going on until end of Feb.
>> for LIFT14 <http://liftconference.com/lift14>, climaxing during the
>> conference, which is Feb. 5-7 unfortunately — more on that tomorroy), but
>> let me know if I can help, at least by proofreading/helping to improve what
>> you may have.
>>
>> If there is currently no plan to communicate all-in on that, get one.
>> Huge potential on a 2014 Activity Report for instance, just sayin' ;)
>>

>> On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 4:05 PM, Manuel Schneider <
>> manuel.schnei...@wikimedia.ch> wrote:

>>> well, they could at least say "no". That's fine with me.
>>>
>>> If WMCH supports it's great! I also got two requests from WMPT and WMFI
>>> because they want to send somebody but don't have the funds for it.
>>> I told them if they get me the person and the actual costs I'll get them
>>> the funding - hope bigger chapters will help out here. Would be good if
>>> we could have at least one volunteer from each EU country / language. I
>>> even think about asking turkish and norwegian volunteers (turkish
>>> because it is also official language in Cyprus, and they try to get into
>>> the EU - and we hardly have any exchange with turkish editors anyway).
>>>
>>> /Manuel
>>> --
>>> Wikimedia CH - Verein zur Förderung Freien Wissens

Ilario Valdelli
Wikimedia CH
Verein zur Förderung Freien Wissens
Switzerland - 8008 Zürich