Dear Mahitgar and other Indian Wikipedians,
I am doing analysis to help support the Wikimedia strategic planning
task force on Indian language Wikipedias.  I am very interested in
learning more about examples of successful online communities in Indian
languages.  Some people have stated that the slow growth of an Indian
language wikipedias is due to people in the India's preference for using
English while online.  However, the existence of these online
communities in Marathi that Mahitgar mentions imply that this is not the
case.  It would be great if someone could help me by providing some
examples of these online communities.  I would love to know what type of
content to their users create, the number of users, and any information
about their growth rate.  The more understanding we have of what makes
these communities successful the better we can work to help build strong
Indian language wikipedias Anyone who could point me in the right
direction would be much thanked.  I would do some of the research
myself, but unfortunately, I do not speak any Indian languages.
Thanks so much for everybody's help and participation in the strategic
planning process. You can contact me directly at
sarah.sa...@bridgespan.org
Best,
Sarah

Message: 1