Jyothis:

I would like to point out that enwiki's 160,976 represents worldwide users and not merely those from India, in case anyone misinterprets the data :)

Cary Bass

On 2/24/2010 11:17 AM, Jyothis Edathoot wrote:
That probably explains it. I was wondering how you could be so casual about man power to deal with such an event. If you look at our indic wikipedias, We wouldnt see many hands to do the heavy lifting. For some reason, many Indian wikipedians can work in en wiki, but wont really bother to work in their own language wikipedias :-)

Look at a few examples below:

*Active users*
*
*
*en wiki - 160,976*
hi wiki - 237
ml wiki - 186
ta wiki 185
mr wiki 105
bpy wiki - two digits
gu wiki - two digit
kn wiki -two digits
or wiki - single digit
sa wiki - 35
pali - in two digits. I cant read that.
bh wiki - single digit

Regards,
Jyothis.

http://www.Jyothis.net

http://ml.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jyothis

woods are lovely dark and deep,
but i have promises to keep and
miles to go before i sleep and
lines to go before I press sleep

completion date = (start date + ((estimated effort x 3.1415926) / resources) + ((total coffee breaks x 0.25) / 24)) + Effort in meetings

    My home wiki is enwiki, but I'm mostly busy on meta these days,
    co-ordinating English-Hindi projects.

    On 24 February 2010 17:47, Jyothis Edathoot <j...@jyothis.net