I have tried the google translator to translate some en article into
Malayalam. around 5, 6.

The difficulty which I felt was the word to word translation. We have
a difference in style. Though we translate content of lot en wiki
articles to ML, we dont do it as a word by word. we need to change the
sentence, or sometimes the entire explanation in the way we write the
ml articles.
I left that option of google translator for ml wiki now.

regards
Rameshng