2011/2/7 A Kumaran <a.kuma...@microsoft.com>
> But let me just clarify the reasons for adding the comment snippet so we
> could track
> the articles that were changed by contributors using the tool, and to track
> if any of the
> changes made by the tool actually were reverted ultimately.

As has been suggested, adding a tool wikilink (ideally a shortcut like
[[WP:WBH]] or something like that, pointing to a landing page) to the
edit summary is the commonly accepted way for doing this. You can then
use the toolserver or the dumps to check usage. Adding HTML comments
to the article content is .. hackish. :-) I would strongly suggest
turning that off until a better method is implemented.
--
Erik Möller
Deputy Director, Wikimedia Foundation