Arun,

Realised I had not replied.

Naveen Jindal's case is an excellent read for some general gyaan on
the area: http://www.indiankanoon.org/doc/1834588/

>> The authorship, production, publication, exhibition or transmission by any
>> medium for academic, artistic, biographical, cultural, educational,
>> scientific or spiritual purposes with the previous permission of the Central
>> Government and subject to such conditions as the Central Government may lay
>> down while granting such permission

Indeed, it does. But, to me, it must be read in the context of the
preamble and as such, I wouldn't think that this is a fit case that
violates this act. Come to think of it, every single piece of TV
infographics during election time and such would be violative of this
clause, if that be the case.

Thank you.

Best,

Gautam