If it was so obvious to us by experience we ;-) wouldn't be on the list,
having unsubscribed. So the truth is we don't really know if it is easy or
hard. But it is Mailman, so it is really easy, and let us not project
difficulties where perhaps laziness is more to blame.

The wording down below can be modified as suggested, to make it clear that
the linked page directly enables both subscribing and unsubscribing, for
those who are clearly too lazy to click to find precisely that.

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 6:51 PM, Arun Ganesh <arun.plane...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 5:13 PM, <wheredevelsd...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>  Kindly use the link at the bottom of the page to unsubscribe yourself.
>>
>> Requesting all those who want to unsubscribe to do so themselves via the
>> link at the bottom of each email from the list and STOP sending such
>> requests to the entire list.
>>

> I feel this is more of a usability problem than people being lazy, going by
> the number of such mails. Maybe a modified footer might help?

> may not be so for others.
>

>> Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 17:09:46 +0530
>> From: i...@deepamtrust-tn.org
>> To: Wikimediaindia-l@lists.wikimedia.org
>>
>> we request you kindly unsubscribe your mail
>>
>> deepam trust

> j.mp/ArunGanesh

Vickram
Fool On The Hill <http://communicall.wordpress.com>