Throwing a few ideas since our participation tendency seems positive:

1) Can we start doing a few things in the background: compile lists of
monuments?  ASI already has the list for monuments of national importance,
State wise: http://asi.nic.in/asi_monu_alphalist.asp
2) Let's sign up/raise hands for people who can help figure out how-to
guides, do documentation and collect resources/materials so that it's easy
to implement this template event anywhere?
3) Just a suggestion: Can we have a GLAM India mailing list so that for now
we can keep all GLAM related, Monuments discussions on that? Keeps it
neater but this is just a suggestion.

As always, *me raises hand first*. I am looking around for more monument
lists while you guys figure out the organization bit. :)
Warmly
Noopur