On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 10:39 PM, Sumana Harihareswara <suma...@wikimedia.org
> wrote:

> On 04/09/2012 08:00 AM, wikimediaindia-l-request@lists.wikimedia.orgwrote:
> > Odia Wikipedia Outreach Programs in Odisha
>
> This was a very interesting and comprehensive report -- thank you,
> Mrutyunjaya Kar!
>
> I noticed this:
>
> >  Once we had shown
> > everyone this, we invited those who were interested to stay for a more
> > detailed and hands-on editing to stay, and told everyone else they were
> > free to leave.  A few of the audience left the lab, and the remaining 9
> > created their user accounts.
>
> I see that a few other outreach sessions have also done this.  I am
> curious -- when you do this, what specific phrasing do you use?  I want
> to know how to say "if you're not interested, you can leave if you want"
> in a friendly, hospitable way, so your examples might help.

Thank you Mritunjaya, and nice observation Sumana!

One of the most common questions which I have received from new meet up and
workshop participants is: "Do you get paid for doing this?" or "Will I get
paid for working on Wikipedia?"

I'm interested in knowing how other members of the community handle these
questions.