On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 8:06 PM, Gautam John <gau...@prathambooks.org>wrote:

> On 28 May 2012 19:56, Adethya Sudarsanan <adethyas...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > As far as the issue - to put it plainly, I developed an idea to improve
> > educational sector using social media. But now I find that some
> organization
> > has adopted the similar methodology. I was just concerned to know if the
> > idea was taken from me. I am stating that my idea was stolen, but I have
> my
> > doubts.

It is indeed unfortunate that you feel someone stole your idea, but the
bright side is that if this idea is something that can benefit the
community at large and help improve the education in the country, then the
real winner is our economy :)

I am curious about the creative commons connection though. did you publish
your idea somewhere under a cc-by-sa license? If you can share what exactly
the license issue is, I would be happy to help, since I have dealt with a
lot of copyright violations of my own work.
cheers

> Well, it's entirely possible that they had the idea too, no? None of
> us have a monopoly on ideas and sometimes, more than one person has
> the same or similar idea at the same time. It's happened before.
>
> > I was confused over the commons license, and so I e-mailed "active"
> people
> > in the list. But there was no response.
>
> Maybe you should have tried the Creative Commons mailing lists? Or
> even posted her to ask for a general call for help. If nothing else,
> feel free to email me and I can try and help.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Best,
>
> Gautam
> ________