Hey,
I am a newbie to Wikimedia-India. I have been working with the Wikisource
community since my GSoC
intern started. First of all, I think this project is a really nice
opportunity to increase our visibility.

I also request Ansuman to be a bit more civil. Being nice and respectful
doesn't hurt. Such kind of behavior
is not acceptable in a mailing list where everyone is volunteering just out
of interest. Also, in the 10 months
that I've been with Wikimedia, I am yet to see such rudeness on the mailing
list.

Cheers,
Aarti

On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 5:25 PM, ansuman <ansum...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Dear Anshuman,
>
> Hey Abhijeet
>
> > I don't know you. But one thing I would like to share that people WILL
> > teach about civility if you will behave in uncivil manner. I do find your
> > words and tone uncivil.
>
> You don't know me, but i just got to know a lot about you!
> What an analogy!
> When people argue, someone else always tries to finish it, and be a hero.
> And I do find your this particular message unnecessary and uncivil.
>

> > Whatever you want to say, you can always say it in better ways and
> believe
> > me, it always increases chances of getting your point accepted.
>
> It doesn't necessarily be that way. And believe me my encounter with
> A2K is other way around. And I'm not here to get my points accepted.
> Actually there is nothing to be accepted, just some facts. I guess i'm
> trying to show you, how A2K doesn't consider something when it should.
>
> I'm sorry, you feel bad about it. Please if you don't like it, you
> could stay out of it. All my messages are meant for A2K, and i think
> it'd best if we let A2K handle it.
>

> > But using uncivil way of communication is such a bad thing that after a
> > limit people will not listen to you at all.
> >
> > In short, kindly behave!
>
> And people here have their own beliefs and ethics, and they know what
> they're doing. They don't need your advice at all.
>
> In short, you just wasted yours and my time. Anyway thanks for your
> comment.
>
> Cheers,
> Ansuman
>

> > On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 12:59 PM, Ravishankar <ravidre...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Ansuman,
> >>
> >> I know veteran Wikipedian volunteers (and previous organizational
> >> efforts)
> >> who got got burnt out precisely because of this approach and attitude
> >> from
> >> some in the community. Asking for accountability and transparency is
> good
> >> but that should be done without burning bridges.
> >>
> >> Ravi

Aarti K. Dwivedi